3D printing art world – a list by The Huffington Post
Do you know 3D printing art? Last week Huffington Post published this amazing list made by Katherine Brooks, showing the 14 ways 3D printing has changed the art world. As part of the 3D printing industry we feel privileged to have the opportunity to see this new revolution in the world live – Forbes once said “Just like the Industrial Revolution, assembly line, the internet and social media, 3D printing will be a game changer” and the fact is that it’s actually happening now.
And this revolution is also happening in the art world: 3D printing is transforming the creation process, leading to a new way to make art.
Welcome to 3D printing art world. Here’s our selection from the Huffington Post list:
1. Rob and Nick Carter’s 3D printed Replica of Vincent van Gogh’s Sunflowers
2. Joseph Malloch and Ian Hattwick’s 3d printed wearable instruments
3. Ioan Florea’s 3d printed sculpture 1971 Ford Torino
4. Michael Hansmeyer & Benjamin Dillenburger’s 3d printed “Digital Grotesque”
5. DBLG 3d printed stop-motion animation “Bears on Stairs”
6. Joshua Harker’s 3d printed sculptural self-portrait